Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Team 91 - Lady Sophia *




Hi! My name is Jan Samford and this is my 2nd year for Distance Derby. I live on a farm in SW Iowa.  My husband and I raise mules and have a small herd of stock cows.  The cows help pay for my passion of riding and raising mules.  My team this year is Lady Sophia, a 7 yr. old, red roan molly mule.  She's a remarkable, go everywhere and anyone can ride mule.  We compete in shows, trail challenges, slide ditches and cover a lot of trial miles.  Matilda is the 2nd member of Team Diamond J.  I started riding Matilda last year and she is an awesome little donkey.  Watch for us on the trails and in the show ring.  Jillian is the newest member. She is a 3 yr. old sorrel molly mule that I raised. We'll be competing in the IDMS 3 yr old futurity in Bloomfield come August.  We hope to meet you on the trails or wherever our paths may cross.  Happy Trails to everyone!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 / 183.30 miles / 63rd place

20 comments:

  1. YAY Jan!! Welcome to the Distance Derby! GOOOO Mule power!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you made me laugh! We are starting off on the right track. Sophie and I logged 6.80 miles. Warm day here in Iowa.

      Delete
  2. I see in my last comment I forgot to give you the date - It was Sunday 1-12-14. This past Sunday, 1-19-14 Sophie and I got another ride in. 6.18 miles. Another unusually warm day for January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee back in the Saddle again! On Sunday we rode 7.05 miles - Still a little frozen in protected areas, but spring is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bad it was Saturday the 15th that I was able to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everyone had a good riding weekend! Friday 3-21 we logged 4.65 miles and Saturday 3-22 1.79 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Whoohooo got some miles in this week. Tuesday 3-25 I rode 1.40 miles and on Sunday 3-30 I rode 5.82 miles.

    Thanks
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe the turn in the weather here in SW Iowa. Glad I got to ride on Saturday, April 12th. We logged 7.88 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got another short ride in Monday 4-14 -- 1.48 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great weekend to ride, wish I could of rode all weekend but we logged 7.74 miles on Friday 4-18-14.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saturday 4-26 we logged 3.27 miles - guess every little bit counts.

    Ummm looks like my total miles is wrong - I wish I had 197+ miles but after this weekend my total should only be 54.06

    ReplyDelete
  11. Went camping - beautiful weather and logged some miles. On May 17th we logged 4.88 miles and on May 18th we logged 4.56 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. June 11th we logged .85 mile and June 15th we logged 1.57 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back to logging miles! Friday August 8th. we logged 4.91 miles. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sunday August 17th we logged 10.19 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. More miles logged! Monday Sept 1 we rode 10.06 miles and Wednesday, Sept. 3rd we rode 5.87 miles.

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've been enjoying the beautiful weather by riding, riding, riding. 9-27 we logged 8.84 miles and 9-28-14 we logged 5.56 miles. Headed this weekend to Turkey Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved Turkey Creek - beautiful riding. Saturday, Sunday and Monday (Oct. 4th -6th) we logged 13.06 miles. Loving this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great weekend for riding! Saturday, 25th we logged 1.66 miles and Sunday the 26th we logged 8.8.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could have been our last warm day this year, we rode 5.87 miles on Monday Nov. 10th.

    ReplyDelete