Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Team 128 - Yankeeland



My name is Hollie Cooper I am 21, and my horse’s name is Yankee he is 13. Our team name is YankeeLand. Yankee and I have been together for 5 years. He is my life and my Endless Love (that’s our song) haha. I got Yankee when he was at a very scary stage in his life, he was abused-we assume, by the people who had owned him before. It sounds cliché to say, but I believe he was put in my life for a reason. We saved each other. I had no confidence in myself and neither did he. When we were brought together, we came to trust one another. Today, Yankee is not the same horse he was back then. Just this past Sunday January 12, 2014, we accomplished walking over a plastic tarp. 5 years ago, he was no where near able to do that, or even want to offer. I could not be anymore proud of Yankee, he has come along way and I am so thankful that he came into my life {Smile}

4 comments:

  1. Worked with the tarps again today! I can now ride him over the clear tarp and the blue tarp. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weekend coming up, time to "Map My Tracks" to count the miles and get on the leader board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Gunner and I are on the leader board with 1.75 miles. Leanne and Storm are on the Leader Board with 3 miles. We need to catch up with her!!! ;<)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gunner and I rolled out another 1.83 miles for a total of 3.58 miles! Leanne has more miles than that, so we both have some catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete