Saturday, January 4, 2014

Team 108 - Peace and Joy


Hello, my name is Stephanie Laird and my horse is Condada, a beautiful 18 year old Arab bay gelding. He and I have been a team since 2008 and we mainly just pleasure ride but have done several ride-a-thons, a judged trail ride fund raiser, the cancer ride at Silver Creek, and my favorite pain/fun inducer: endurance Riding. It's a love hate thing, I love the other competitors and both Condada and I love the actual competition, it's the price and the early morning stuff that hurts, oh and of course it's painful for me if I don't condition myself enough but I have found a balance that fits my budget.  My team name is pretty simple, riding brings me peace, because I love being with my horse and joy is what I feel during and after a ride.  It helps me decompress from work and life:-) and being in creation deepens my relationship with God.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesoeme Stephanie...I love that it gets you closer with God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Stephanie!
    So glad you decided to join :)
    Looking forward to riding again soon!

    ReplyDelete