Saturday, January 11, 2014

Team 121 - Riding Out the Storm



My name is Leanne, just four years ago, after 51 years of waiting, the lifelong dream of owning my own horse finally came true! Storm is his name and he is a beautiful rose-flecked Arabian with a long flowing main and tail. Together we are learning the foundation principles and disciplines of dressage riding. This has been the most challenging and rewarding experience I have ever pursued. I'm looking forward to taking part in the Distance Derby!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations & Welcome to the Derby! That first horse is So Special & your boy is beautiful! #120 LDR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--he has a great heart as well--has become much calmer and self -confident in the 4 years he has been with me---we both owe so much of our success to Ronni Ward my mentor--Team 27 "Guns a Blazin" she has given both of us the foundational tools and coaching we needed to become the horse and rider we are today

      Delete
  2. All the good instruction in the world does not matter without a dedicated rider, like Leanne, who is willing to put in all the time, the mental and physical effort, riding through the ups and downs and never giving up. That makes my part so very easy and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LeAnne! You did a good job with Storm today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great riding weather coming up! Time to get some miles up on the leader board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In 1.25 miles Gunner and I will catch up with you, then we're going to see how far ahead we can get......I just love a little friendly competition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job with Storm this weekend! It's like you and Storm have not missed a day. Since we worked our horses together you're still ahead in miles...for now. ;<)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schooled Storm this past Monday, he is such a good boy despite all the work I asked him to do! Thank you for allowing Storm to help me get back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete